Vista Family Resource Centre
Family Resource Facilitator
Part-Time, Temporary (Revised)
The Vista Family Resource Centre is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Family Resource Facilitator at the Centre’s site in Catalina with some work at our other sites. This is a temporary, part-time position for 25 hours/week at $16.60/hour starting October 3rd and running until approximately February 28th, 2023. *Please note that this position is currently being reviewed by the Board. Possibility of increased hourly rate and 45 hours bi-weekly.
The qualifications for this position include:
- Degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education or related field and/or at least 2 years experience working with children and families. Other combinations of training and experience will be considered.
- Familiar with the needs of families on the Bonavista Peninsula.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current first aid certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Current police records check.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Experience working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- To keep accurate record of attendance and regularly evaluate programs offered.
- To ensure that surveys/evaluation forms are completed by participants as required.
- To arrange and facilitate parent programs and workshops.
- To set up the play space to nurture young children’s development in creative, cognitive and motor areas.
- To ensure the play space is a safe, clean and an enjoyable place for participants.
- To assist in the development and implementation of programs and services for all children up to and including the age of 6 years and ensuring parent involvement in these programs.
- To work as a member of a team with other staff volunteers, participants, partners and board members.
- To represent and promote the Vista Family Resource Centre in the community.
- To coordinate program volunteers and students.
- To attend training events as required.
- To complete other duties as required.
Deadline for applications is 3:00 pm, Wednesday, September 21s . Please send resume to: